Marketforce (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and that of all our customers and people who request details about our products and services.
There are areas of our website which require you to have an account or provide your contact details in order to access information about our products and services or products or services of our sponsors or media partners.
This Privacy and Cookies policy, together with our terms and conditions (www.marketforce.eu.com/legal/ticket-registration-tcs) and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting or using our site www.marketforce.eu.com , providing your contact details or other personal data to us, creating an account, registering or subscribing for an event, information or services, making a purchase from us or via us or our site, or communicating with us (whether by phone, in person, or by electronic means) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Marketforce Business Media Limited whose company number is 02174487 and registered address is 3 Sutton Lane, London, EC1M 5PU.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is our Head of Marketing.
Information we may collect about you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us
- When you register for an event you will be required to provide all requested details and to agree to our Terms & Conditions. Access to certain areas of our website also require certain contact details, although you can choose to give additional details if you feel this will enable us to provide you with a better service.
- You may give us information about you, such as, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, payment card information, personal description, photograph or dietary requirements. This includes information you provide when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail, other electronic means or in writing, register to use our site, register for an account, register for a conference, request further information about a product, register for a webinar or view a webinar on demand, fill out an online form for access to video content or reports and when you create an account to access information on the Marketforce Business Media site or any of our online networks or groups, search our site, subscribe to any of our services, purchase products or services from or via us, participate in our discussion boards or other social media functions, submit information or content to our site, enter a competition or prize draw, complete a survey or submit job applications and when you report a problem with our site, events, products or other services.
- If you are making a purchase, we will use your payment card details, to process your purchase only, and such details are only provided to our secure payment provider.
- If you are enquiring about a job at Marketforce, then the information may also include your CV and other information about your qualifications, job history, and your right to work.
- If you use our social media features, then we may collect any personal data which you provide to us using those features in accordance with the policies for the applicable feature.
- Information we may automatically collect about you upon each of your visits to our site:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your site login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products services or issues you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you from our event sponsors or hosts where you have communicated with them, or asked them to contact us. For example, if you contacted a venue regarding an event, then they may pass that information to us.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
- We also work closely with third parties (for example, event venues, webinar providers, accommodation and other travel service providers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- Public Information that may be available about you publicly, or may be aggregated or anonymised by a third party.
- We may also receive information about you from individuals (for example, where they communicate with you via our site, or where someone else uses your computer).
- If you are applying for a job at Marketforce, then we may receive information from your referees and former employers.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, such as your colleagues, personnel, relatives, your next of kin, your referees (if you are applying for a job), your clients, your advisers or your suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers, to use it.
Sensitive Personal Data
Unless we make it clear otherwise, our policy is not to ask for any sensitive personal data from you (that is information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences). You may provide us with sensitive personal data when you communicate via our site or directly with us or any third parties we put you in contact with. We, and our outsourced service providers may, however, require certain sensitive personal data to provide our services to you, or to deal with your enquiries, for example if we are making special travel arrangements for you.
Uses we may make of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us
We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request (or have previously consented to) from us or our sponsors and media partners (If at any point you wish to opt-out of email communications, you can unsubscribe by replying to any promotional email with ‘remove’ in the subject field or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org);
- to make your details available to sponsors and media partners of our products for the purposes of their providing you with information about their own products and services. (You can find out about these third parties on our site. If you do not wish your details to be passed on to these external organisations please email email@example.com or write to us at the address following address: The Data Controller, Marketforce Business Media, 3 Sutton Lane, London EC1M 5PU.);
- if you are an existing customer, to contact you by electronic means (e.g. by e-mail or SMS/ text or push messages to your smartphone) with information about goods and services of ours which are similar to those which you have purchased or negotiated about previously.
- to contact you by electronic means with information about other goods and services of ours, or to permit selected third parties to use your personal data to contact you by electronic means with information about their goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you;
- if you wish to access the Marketforce content and resources, to manage your access, and the access by authorised users within your organisation;
- if you are a customer, delegate or sponsor, to communicate with you about events and other activities about which you have requested information;
- if you are a delegate of an event, to manage your registration for such event;
- if you are a supporter or sponsor of Marketforce, or an event or activity of Marketforce, to manage our interaction with you and your organisation, and your participation in the event or activity;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, which may include transferring your information to other organisations, such as event hosts, travel service providers (if you have registered for an event) or supplier (if you have purchased products or services from or via us);
- to facilitate any services which are provided to you by our business partners, where you have requested this (for example, if you have requested information on certain products, services or events, then we may put you in contact with the relevant office or business);
- to provide relevant information to suppliers, where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted by such suppliers (for example where you email, or call us, submit a request form, or click on a supplier’s advert);
- to process your job application;
- to notify you about changes to our events, products, services or our site.
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site, the Marketforce database, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to allow you to communicate with other users, or advertisers on our site or online groups or networks;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to comply with any relevant legal obligations.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). For example, where an event sponsor tells us you are interested in a particular subject, we may use the contact details we have for you to send you information relating to that subject.
Disclosure of your information>
- sponsors and media partners of our events:
- if you are enquiring about, registering for, or purchasing products, services or events from us, with third parties involved in their delivery;
- if you ask us to make arrangements for you to travel to an event, we will share information about you with accommodation, airlines, and other travel services providers for that purpose;
- advisers, consultants and other professional experts, complainants, correspondents and enquirers, and suppliers and service providers of any of the above, and each of their associated businesses, to the extent necessary for providing products or services which you have requested;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors only for the purposes of performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. (For example, we use a website hosting provider who will have access to your information only for the purposes of managing and maintaining our site. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your information, and are aware of their information security obligations.)
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Marketforce, its business, or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users, suppliers, or customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (www.marketforce.eu.com/legal/ticket-registration-tcs) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marketforce, our users, our customers, or others;
- if you are enquiring about a job, or making an application, then we may disclose your information to third parties such as your referees, or current and previous employers (if you ask us to contact them).
- for the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including by our event hosts, sponsors and media partners which may be based outside the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Where you have a username or password (or other identification information) which enables you to access certain services or parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or within your account information page here (www.marketforce.eu.com/admin). You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the contact address set out below.
If you would like the details we hold on you amended or updated, please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
The Database Administrator
Marketforce Business Media
3 Sutton Lane
If you wish your details to be removed, please complete the same procedure. Following your update or removal request, you may receive additional pieces of communication whilst any changes are processed.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our sponsors and media partners. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the processing of your data by those sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Access to Information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our website is database driven and, as such, will install a ‘cookie’ (a text file) on your computer, should you accept it. Cookies collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information will allow us to provide you with a tailored and personalised service and allow us to monitor site use and maintain and improve our service offering. The only personal information a cookie can supply is that which is provided by you.
To find out more about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. These websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser and set your browser not to accept cookies. In a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
The way in which you adjust your browser’s security setting varies. Instructions for Internet Explorer 8 are as follows:
Go to the Menu Bar > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced > change settings as required (see image below)